In this section, I’ll try to answer questions that I’m frequently asked about all things horse.
I am posting this photo of a clinic I taught last year. Clinics and group lessons are the best ways to learn–you get a minute to practice what is being taught, and, even better, you can watch other riders learning and making mistakes along with you. One of my mentors once told me, “You need to watch other people make mistakes. You don’t have time to make them all yourself.”
This is also a place for you to ask specific questions about your horse and your horsemanship, and to find out anything that interests you in the world of horses, or about my own experiences with horses. I won’t know every answer, but I have resources at hand, and mentors to ask, to help us learn together.
Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you don’t want to put your questions on this public forum.
I’ll be talking about things like:
- How do I pick up my horse’s hind feet without a struggle?
- How do I stop my horse without pulling on the reins?
- How do I get my horse to go at the speed I want him to go?
- How can I tell if my horse is happy?
- What is the best type of place for me to board my horse?
- Should I use a bit?